Pharmaceutical in Donna, Texas
Simple Ways for Treating Colds
There is no cure for the common cold. Fortunately, there are easy and simple ways to treat your symptoms. As your trusted pharmacy and provider of medication services in Texas, we are listing down a brief guide on what you can do to ease your cold symptoms. This includes:
- Staying dehydrated
Whether you prefer cold or warm drinks, liquids help soothe and ease congestion.
- Gargling with salt water
Saltwater can wash away the mucus that lines your throat, reducing the pain and swelling of your sore throat.
- Adding moisture to the air
Dry air can worsen a sore throat. Use a humidifier or place a bowl of water near a heat source to add moisture to the air.
- Getting plenty of rest
Help your body fight off your cold virus. Refrain from doing strenuous exercises for 2-3 days and instead choose to sleep or rest.
- Take OTC medication
OTC or over-the-counter medication such as decongestants, antihistamines, and pain relievers can reduce cold symptoms.
If, after all these, your cold has not eased, you must see a doctor immediately.
Other symptoms you can look into include:
- You have taken medication and pharmaceutical products in Donna, Texas, and your symptoms still haven’t seen any improvement or even taken for the worse.
- You develop a fever higher than 100 degrees
- You experience chest pain and shortness of breath
- Your symptoms last longer than two weeks
We hope the list helped! For more helpful tips like these, be sure to check back next time.