Pharmaceutical in Donna, Texas
The Do’s and Don’ts of Nosebleeds
We might think that nosebleeds are not a big deal, but in fact, they are. If not handled properly, nosebleeds can cause severe consequences. Medication services in Texas state that nosebleeds can occur due to factors, such as:
- Picking your nose
- Blowing your nose too hard often
- Injuries caused by a fall or getting hit in your nose
- Side effects of medication, like blood thinners
- High altitudes, where the air is thin
Even if nosebleeds happen to most of us, learning the do’s and don’ts can be beneficial to your well-being. Having first aid items at hand can be useful, as well.
They are easy to acquire, as well, as most nosebleed preventative treatments can be purchased at a pharmacy.
- Stay calm and lean forward.
- Apply 3 prays of a decongestant spray and pinch the soft part of your nose for 10 minutes.
- If the nose is still bleeding after 10 minutes, soak a cotton ball with decongestant and place it in your nose for 10 minutes.
- Avoid heavy chores, like lifting.
- Don’t tilt your head back.
- If there is blood in your mouth, do not swallow.
- Do not panic; stress can make the bleeding worse.
- Do not blow or pick your nose for 2 days.
As such, if you are experiencing a nosebleed, following the tips above can help with faster recovery. However, if nosebleeds occur more than once, seek professional help immediately.
For nosebleed treatments and other medications, visit O.K. Pharmacy, a provider of pharmaceutical products in Donna, Texas.
We also offer medical supplies in Donna, Texas.